[Jacob-list] speaking of eartags

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 19:24:33 EST 2004

Incredible site! GOSH! Makes us all seem like axe
murderers!  I admit, there are some who are cruel to
their animals, but most shepherds and ranchers tend to
their animals well - a healthy animal gives more
fleece, more angora, etc. I especially chuckled at the
reference to the sheep being shorn "before they
naturally shed". I didn't think sheep, except the hair
sheep, shed their fleece.

My male lambs are banded when they are between 10 - 12
days old. My vet said that at that early age, it is
only uncomfortable for a short time. I give them a
baby aspirin 3x a day for the first day - first dose
about 20 minutes before banding.

Incredible!

Joy

--- Linda Bjarkman <patchworkfibers at alltel.net> wrote:
> This link came through on a spinning group.
> http://www.woolisbaad.com
> The website is abit extreme and I find it annoying.

=====
Joy Thomas, Shepherd & Fiber Artist
Son-Rise Farm, Creedmoor NC
French Angora Rabbits