[Jacob-list] Scrapie

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Sat Jan 3 07:14:12 EST 2004

As far as I know, and for future reference for everyone, the tags we put on our animals are scrapie tags, not scrapies tags.  The disease is scrapie, not scrapies.  I've see people use it in magazines in the plural, but I'm pretty sure that's just not the name of the disease.  Unless, of course, there's some British usage or alternate spelling, which I haven't researched.  Just one of my crazy pet peeves, like saying reel-a-tor, instead of re-al-tor, for the guy who sells land, and nu-cu-lar, instead of nucle-ar for that fusion stuff.  Someone famous once said, when a language breaks down, the culture breaks down.  Not sure that's true, but...Enough ranting: it's 6:30 in the a.m. and I'm not awake enough yet to have reminded myself to try to be a nice person!