[Jacob-list] sick Ram

Heather Fogel heather at littleshadyacres.com
Thu Jan 1 18:28:23 EST 2004

  Hi,

  I have a ram that is throwing up.  Have talked to the vets (2 different
ones) who have no clue as to what could be wrong.  He doesn't have an
abscess tooth, no temp.  He has a normal stool.  He is throwing up wet,
slimy and sometimes foamy food.  He is on a hay only diet, which is a
mixture of orchard grass and alfalfa from our own pastures.  He is also the
only one who is sick.  He has access to clean water, and mineral.

  We are thinking that it is possible he sustained some injury this summer,
when he was in with a ram that was quite mean (he has left the premises).

  Any ideas?

  Thanks, Heather

  Heather Fogel
  Stewart, MN
  heather at littleshadyacres.com
  www.littleshadyacres.com
  Home to Jacob sheep, Soay sheep and many Chickens.