[Jacob-list] warning

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 15:04:57 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I work as a renal dietitian----and fully 2/3 of my patients are here directly related to them not seeking (and following) medical advice to control VERY PREVENTABLE problems that result in chronic kidney disease.  With the growth in obesity, hypertension, and diabetes in this country, every person would be well advised to practice wellness and to seek medical attention when there is a potential problem lurking.  A recent study showed that only 3% of people with significant renal failure have a clue that their kidneys are slowly shutting down----and something like 60-70% of the people looked at HAD serious renal disease.

I work with a number of patients that have missing limbs that ignored a sore or scratch that turned into more than was treatable.

I will hop off my soapbox now, but this is a topic I do feel strongly about...in many areas of my life.

Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen Hansson, MEd, RD, LDN
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Lambs, adults, wool