[Jacob-list] scouts

Victoria da Roza castlerockjacobs at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 20:52:49 EST 2004

Hi,
   Well Nibbles has turned out to be a great Mom and
the Holstein bag has come down by a third.  The boys
are already wild about running and climbing retaining
walls(is Rambo from Ram?) and trying to eat grass like
Mom. Exactally 2 days from birth they are head butting
and ignoring Mom to run up hills.
   I called the people nearby on the road that have
kids and told them the lambs were here.  One woman
asked if she could bring 4 cub scouts to see them.  So
I look out and there are 4 vans of people. All the
parents wanted to come and the kids brought their
friends. It reminded me of my days as a wildlife
docent :-).  Nibbles was great and the boys(Jacob)
were calm while each person held them for a photo.  I
had gotten little lamb figurines from some favor
supply place and put little spots on them and gave
each kid one as a memory of the visit.
   So one more group of urban people get an education
about Jacobs. I think the fathers were more interested
in exploring the bomb shelter which is the nursery now
then anything else.
   Sounds like a lot of people are also have a ram
bloom.  Anyone having mostly ewes?  Do they have a
secret to share?

=====
Victoria
Castle Rock Farm