[Jacob-list] Round-Up

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Sun Feb 8 13:27:48 EST 2004

You could probably DRINK a little Round-up with no great side effects. (I
certainly don't recommend it though.) It is one of the safest herbicides out
there. For safety's sake, avoid grazing plants that have been treated with
Round-Up, though I have used it on fence lines. Round-Up is a contact
herbicide that has little residual effect. It is absorbed into the plant and
translocates to the growing tips. If you have ever gotten it within 20 feet
of you favorite roses and azaleas, you will recognize the tell-tale signs of
light colored and dying tips on the plant. It does not persist after the
plant dies.

Neal