[Jacob-list] bottle jaw after worming

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Tue Aug 17 16:30:34 EDT 2004

Has anyone experienced an occurrence of bottle jaw the day after worming?  I have seen this happen 4 or 5 times.  The
animal showed no evidence of swelling before worming, but the next day the bottle jaw shows up. If there something with
the dying parasites that would cause edema?  In all the cases I saw, I wormed again with a different wormer.  I am
uncertain if that was necessary, but the swelling did go away the second day. Maybe it would have gone away anyway.

Linda
http://www.PatchworkFibers.com
 Registered Jacob Sheep & Angora Rabbits
 Handspun Yarns