[Jacob-list] Horns falling off

Susan Roenke oliveoyl_123 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 08:51:27 EDT 2004

Hi, we are new to this list.  My 12 yo daughter has Jacob sheep (all given
to her free!!) and she loves hving them.  She showed one at the local 4H
fair (she had two but one died there, they think from grain overfeed- they
got in barn the day we were getting ready to go to the fair :-(  )  Anyway,
we have two new lambs, and the ewe we got had 6 horns when it was born and
one fell off before we got her.  Last week when my dd was trying to halter
train her, she started bucking and banged another of her horns onto a door
and knocked off another horn.  She still has a stub, which was bleeding at
first, but has stopped.  Will her horn grow still?  And is this not a good
trait?  Will having a good strong horned ram be helpful for that?  Thanks
for any help!
Sue and Marie