[Jacob-list] Sheep and goats

RnS1260 at aol.com RnS1260 at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 17:14:40 EDT 2004

We keep two goats, a cow, some young steers, and a horse in the same pasture.
They all seem to enjoy being with one another. I always put the new comer on
one side of the fence for a few days, so they can sniff each other through the
fence. Then we stand and watch through out the day to see how everyone is
adjusting. The only problem I have ever had between the Jacob's and our two goats
was when feeding them in the interior of the barn. The goats would butt them
away. It took me some time to figure out why my Jacob's were limping. I now
feed them separately, and all is well in the pasture.  Enjoy  (  :