[Jacob-list] bottle baby

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Sat Apr 10 16:24:52 EDT 2004

	My ewe Annabelle delivered twins on Tuesday and has rejected the ram
lamb.  I tried to get her to accept him via vanilla on her nose and the
twins' butts and holding her to nurse but this morning I gave up and
switched him to a bottle.  I think that he is starting to get the hang
of it.
	Here's my question: I have the (glass) bottle in the fridge because I
mixed up a pint or formula.  It seemed easiest to measure.  I'm just
putting the undrunk portion back in the fridge and pulling out the
bottle for subsequent feedings.  I am planning to dump it and mix a
fresh batch in the morning for tomorrow.  If any of you read this and
think "oh my god, she's absolutely nuts!" please let me know!
	I made a linoleum block today from a photo of one of my lambs.  The
print is way cool.  Linoleum blocks are now actually a soft rubber so
no more danger of the knife skidding across and into your hand.  Much
easier to work with but I think I miss the element of danger...
	Spring is slow in coming up here, most of the snow is gone and my
first crocuses are popping out tentative little blossoms.

Gillian