[Jacob-list] Re: Jacob-list digest, Vol 2 #108 - 5 msgs

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Sat Apr 10 14:32:43 EDT 2004

Ram/Lambing
I have kept rams in with my ewes in the past during lambing without
problems - so I would guess that it depends on the ram.  Is he young?  He
may just be dumb about birthing and got "overheated" - uninformed teenage
hormones, I would guess.

I'm glad you separated him, though.  From what you said, he doesn't sound
like he's too easily handled, so your effort to separate sounds like it
was a good one.

Selling Rams
In terms of selling rams, it seems like you made a good decision not to
sell.  The regret had you sold probably would have bothered you longer
than the missed opportunity will.

Best,
Kelley