[Jacob-list] winter protein/panacur

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Thu Apr 1 19:48:48 EST 2004

Linda,

Thanks for all your comments.  We would be within the last six weeks now -
which elevates my concern in terms of their conditioning.  I have an older
ewe who never had weight trouble before - I've had her since fall '98.
She has access to hay 24/7, I've wormed her once with panacur (3 days).
It's been almost 4 weeks and no improvement, still skinny.  I debate
whether to repeat it or go with the garlic, which did show some results in
the bottle jaw.  She is getting some grain and dengi, so I don't think the
panacur is effective.  She eats fine - has a great appetite.  Quite happy.
 Just skinny.  It's just frustrating.

I can probably get the drench through Jeffers.  Are there any other
options besides the ivomectin and the safeguard/panacur?  Especially ones
safe for pregnant ewes?

Thanks,
Kelley