[Jacob-list] lambs and more lambs.

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Thu Apr 1 07:02:11 EST 2004

Beautiful lambs!

It's interesting how breeders chose their lambing dates.  I generally want early lambs in order to avoid tail docking
during fly season, which can come early in the south.  This year, I'm not docking and find March and April a nice time
of year for lambing.  The warmer weather and grass are certainly pluses and the longer daylight hours make chores much
more pleasant.  I haven't yet scheduled shearing so that the entire flock is shorn before lambing, but may think about
it next year, if I decide to continue with later lambing dates.

Linda

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:17:30 -0500, Katrina & Dave wrote:

>I have to say, lambing this time of year  sure beats going out in the middle
>of winter to check for lambs!  And with  the grass growing in, the sheep are
>eating much less hay than most years. I  am sold!
Jacob Sheep for sale - 2004
  http://www.patchworkfibers.com/forsale.html
 at Patchwork Farm