[Jacob-list] feeder plans

Linda Bjarkman patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Sep 17 19:55:45 EDT 2003

That is alot like the feeder I built.  I decided not to put on a platform and it
sits on the ground with a goat panel on the open part so that they can just fit
their noses in and pull out a little at a time.  I did build the bottom part at
first, but I got it too high for Jacobs and the lambs kept jumping around in it.
Having it set on the ground seems to work pretty well, but I do move it every so
often so that it's not abunch of old hay sitting at the bottom. The plan I started
with was very close to the MSU plan.  I got the plan from a great book with plans
for all sorts of sheep equipment.  I think the book was put out by the state
university in Iowa.  It's a great book with plans for shearing stands, head gates,
round bale feeders, loads of useful stuff.  If I run across the name of the book,
I'll post it, but I think it's in one of the boxes that have been packed.  We are
actually FINALLY going to move to to new farm next month!!

Linda