[Jacob-list] lamb marinade

Linda Bjarkman patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Sep 17 06:45:35 EDT 2003

I know that some of you don't care for the taste of lamb.  I came up with an
interesting marinade that seems to take any gamey taste out of lamb or venison.  I
first tried this on some kinda strong tasting, tough venison.  Coca-cola!  Anybody
remember putting a penny in a glass of cocola to watch it dissolve?  It was a big
deal in high school back in the dark ages.  Anyway, thought I'd try it on a roast
from an elderly buck that Dave brought home last fall. Not only was the venison
tender, but all the gamey taste was gone.  We happen to like the taste of lamb, but
I tried it a couple of times on lamb.  Both times, the lamb taste was much milder.
One time, we cooked the lamb on the grill and the sugar in the coke added a nice
sweet touch to the lamb.

Linda

Come see what's new at Patchwork Farm:
www.patchworkfibers.com/whatsnew.htm