[Jacob-list] ?? sock knitter machines

Linda Bjarkman patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Sep 13 07:46:20 EDT 2003

Hi Mary Ellen,

I thought about getting one for awhile and joined a yahoo group devoted to CSMs.
There is a wealth of information on the list and a number of people that specialize
in reconditioning the machines.  I don't have the list name handy right now, but I'm
sure you would be able to find it by looking though Groups.Yahoo.  Let me know if
you don't find it and I'll see if I might have saved the address somewhere.  I
recently wiped my main hard drive clean (on purpose!) and did a clean reinstall and
I didn't save everything (also on purpose).

I have learned to make a number of different sock variations on my flat bed
machines, including a circular sock using the ribber that just  has a small seam in
the ribbing.  A pair of socks takes me from about 45 minutes for the most basic
pattern to maybe 90 minutes for the styles with a more elaborate heel shape.   Good
luck finding a CSM.  They look like great machines.

Linda