[Jacob-list] Blankets

Susan J Martin stonecroft235 at juno.com
Sat Sep 6 01:01:09 EDT 2003

Does anyone on the list know of a woolen mill that will create blankets
from my raw fleece - and not require a huge minimum.  Or perhaps I should
ask it this way - I can send my fleece to any woolen mill to have it
cleaned and spun, but where can I send yarn to have blankets custom
woven?   I understand that a queen size blanket can take about 5 lbs. of
yarn, so I would be looking to have maybe 6 or 7 blankets made.   Most of
the mills deal in huge minimums and produce blankets by the 100's.  I was
hoping to have Stonehedge do it for me and they were planning to have
their blanket weaving equipment up and running, but that has changed and
they don't offer it presently.   And I am looking for something cost
efficient - not  queen size blankets that costs me $700 each..........any
ideas/suggestions.

Thanks.

Sue Martin
Stonecroft Manor