[Jacob-list] Tree damage

Melody critterland at bendcable.com
Thu Oct 16 12:23:22 EDT 2003

All the trees within reach of my sheep have their trunks wrapped with chicken wire.  The only other way I can think of to keep them from eating the bark off, and eventually killing the trees, is just not to put them where the trees are.  They can be very determined when it comes to a delicious treat--which apparently is their classification for many trees.
Melody at CritterLand
Redmond OR
  We have a completely fenced front yard, and let the sheep (8 at present) out almost every day to graze on the grass and weeds.  They love it.  However, they are also beginning to gnaw at the trunks of several small trees and shrubs, which I don't want to lose.  Is there anyway to discourage them from nibbling where they don't belong?
  Kathey
  Sweet Georgia Valley