[Jacob-list] Sheep and the sonic boom!

gf fayg at mebtel.net
Sun Nov 16 08:25:11 EST 2003

Live in a rural area can be quite interesting. I live in a development of minifarms, there is another one directly south, across a small stream. There are bike/pedestrian/equestrian trails all around. A few years ago when I moved in and one of the kids from the other development rode by, one of the topics of conversation was the guy in one of the houses who would get drunk and shoot his gun. I happened to be up at 1:50 or so this morning, heard an earth shattering boom which shook the house. I stepped outside and heard more boom then fade to jet engines. I could see trucks moving on the farm on the other side of the woods/streams and the sheep were all standing at attention facing south. Every once in a while they would look at me but they seemed most concerned about that big boom!

 At first I was concerned, did someone shoot a propane tank? I went over there and could not see anything. Went back to bed when I got up, channel 11 was reporting calls from all over Orange, Alamance, and 2 other counties. Seems I was not the only one who heard it! The working hypothsis is a Sonic Boom, all military bases deny having planes in the air ....

Must have been a UFO  !        7;-D wink!