[Jacob-list] Felted Hat

Mary Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Tue Nov 11 11:49:58 EST 2003

Does anyone have a knitting machine pattern to make a felted hat?  I have seen handknitting patterns for them, but don't know how to convert it to a knitting machine pattern.

Has anyone heard of MacAusland Woolen Mills on Prince Edward Is.?  I sent 11 lbs. of our Romney x Bluefaced Leicester's white fleece to be made into a queen-sized blanket for my sister for Christmas.  I was excited about the project until I just found out that I was not getting my own wool back.  They need a 250 lb. order to guarantee your own wool.  Wish they had mentioned that up front.
If someone does not care whether or not they get their own wool back, this service may be of some interest.  The price on the finished product is cheap, but the mailing costs are high.  It cost $35 to mail 11 lbs. of wool from Ohio.  They also do yarn.  They have a website:  www.peisland.com/wool

Mary Spahr