[Jacob-list] OPP and Johnes Testing

Nedra Darnell fibrefolds at sg23.com
Thu Nov 6 04:26:57 EST 2003

Betty, I haven't heard about the 8 to 10 years for symptoms, especially for
Jacobs.  Is there a study you know about or online reference?

Our vet puts as much emphasis on eradicating Johnes as OPP and encouraged
companion testing for it from the start.  It adds $2 per test to the cost.
He may be more sensitive to Johnes because this is a dairy intensive area
and as a Cornell graduate, he carefully follows their research and
recommendations.  There is a web site for a Johnes organization at
http://www.johnes.org.

Nedra Darnell
Fibre Folds Farm
Bath, NY