[Jacob-list] broken legs....

Mary Ellen Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Sat May 17 17:11:23 EDT 2003

Hi,

I was wrong it would seem---gasp :o)).

There is a picture of a lovely girl holding a lamb with a set leg that
was painted by a local artist (he purchased bunnies from me for a
granddaughter one time) that holds the saying regarding the shepherd
breaking the wayward sheep's legs.  There is no listed reference for the
saying.  The scripture that is also on that picture is Psalms
51:8....which doesn't do more than state, "Oh, give me back my joy
again; you have broken me--now let me rejoice."  There are no references
in any of my commentaries or reference books that would pair this verse
with any practice by shepherds of breaking their sheep legs.

Mary Ellen Hansson

ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com

Jacob Sheep, Fiber, Spinning equipment,

Books, Patterns, Knitting/Crochet/Tatting