[Jacob-list] Feeding crackers to the sheep

Melody critterland at bendcable.com
Fri May 16 21:08:38 EDT 2003

ROFL!  I can picture that one!  My barn jacket is literally in shreds from
enthusiastic jockeying for position at the feeders (the sheep, not me!).
One evening I had a sheep hooked to each side pocket and a lamb with both
front legs through a hole in the back of the jacket.  The more I am around
the Jacobs and their charming/obnoxious/funny/pain in the *  personalities,
the more glad I am I have them and not some other boring, no surprises,
always-white-or-white-with-black-face sheep.

The shearer came today to take care of the Jacobs I was given a week or so
ago.  A couple really nice fleeces, some ok fleeces, three  with very kempy
white areas, but very nice black wool.  I haven't seen this in any of my
sheep--my experiences have been that the kempy ones were kempy in both
colors of wool.  Is this "segregated" kemp common?
Melody at CritterLand
Redmond OR