[Jacob-list] still waters

Linda Bjarkman patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Fri May 16 19:04:22 EDT 2003

I also buy the off brands, Ritz crackers are abit too Ritzy for my budget.  I just
discovered that my ewes also like toast.

Do you notice that it's easier to get a timid sheep to take something from your
fingers than from the flat of your hand (like you would feed a horse)?  Even the
most wary sheep will usually venture to take a nibble from an extended cracker, but
many are too timid to go past your fingers to see what you have on your palm.

Of course, once they decide that the treats are worth pursuing, the ewes can be abit
overwhelming!  On a few occasions, I've had bouncy, overly enthusiastic ewes slip a
lateral horn into one of my pockets.  It's not so bad with jeans, but it's rather
awkward with elastic waisted jogging shorts!

Linda