[Jacob-list] (no subject)

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Thu May 15 22:38:11 EDT 2003

Sadly, most pastors have very little first hand experience with sheep,
knowing only what they've been told -- and I've heard things about sheep
from the pulpit that simply are not true.  A real expert on sheep is
Phillip Keller who has written some excellent books on the art of tending
sheep and the implications for Christian believers.........he has had
years of experience managing large flocks of sheep.  He also has written
a great book that looks at the lessons we can learn from the relationship
between the shepherd and the herding dog........and applications for our
daily lives.

Having watched our sheep interact in the barnyard, I do find myself
thinking about the human condition -- we humans tend to be very stubborn,
opting to do things our way even to our own detriment,  we prefer to
follow rather than be driven,  many times we do what the group does
without there being any logic involved, we often show little compassion
for those we don't like,  greed seems to be our daily companion,
sometimes we butt heads over seemingly  nothing, etc, etc..............

Sue Martin
Stonecroft