[Jacob-list] Broken Horn

Jacobflock at aol.com Jacobflock at aol.com
Thu May 15 20:34:38 EDT 2003

Fred Horak here.  We repair brokem horns with spider webs; a source of
protein.  From the garage or barn collect as much spider web material as you
can to make a "gauze size" bandage.  Just place the spider web materail ..
ours often has dust in it from the horse stalls ... over the "bloodied" core.
 See if you can make it stick a little so it doesn't just fall off.  No tape,
no gauze, no "yellow or blue" squirts.  Just the spider web.  It will be fine
in 24 hours.

On the other hand, we have had horns broken to the skull.  This generally
entails the final removal of the horn and the packing of the "hole" with
gauze.

Fred Horak