[Jacob-list] Another color question

Patty Berke honeybucket at attbi.com
Tue May 6 22:57:35 EDT 2003

Generally, these sheep sound a lot like the second-generation lambs we have
gotten from Romney cross ewe and Jacob ram (lilac)--this generation were
always dark gray with white forehead blazes.  When these two ewes were bred
with the same lilac Jacob ram, the babies have been a variety---a couple
colored very much like normal Jacobs, some spotted but distinctly NOT like
Jacobs, some dark like their mothers and one lovely charcoal grey (which
turned out brown when spun, because color was different closer to the body).
None have been what I would call lilac--and we have quite a few of those now
from our purebred girls!
Patty