[Jacob-list] stolen sheep

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Sat Mar 22 10:17:22 EST 2003

Hi,

I wanted to contact you to ask if a Stephen Purdy of Chester, Vermont has
been in touch with you regarding selling/buying/trading/breeding Jacob
sheep.  I noticed that Purdy has listed the flock on the NEHBC website
looking to trade or breed them.  I own the flock and have owned and raised
them since October of 1998.  I moved the flock voluntarily to Purdy's farm
this past December based on information that Purdy gave me that I
afterwards found to be false.  There has been no transfer of ownership nor
will there be any.  I am in the process now of gaining a court order to
remove the sheep from his property.  My concern is that he is trying to
sell/trade/breed the sheep through Jacob sheep breeder networks.  I would
be happy to answer any questions you might have if you want to give me a
call on my cell phone at 207-322-5777.  Or I'd be happy to refer you to my
attorney for more information.  I have spent four years of my life, energy
and resources maintaining and raising these sheep.  They have wonderful tem
peraments.  They all have names and great fleeces.  I would appreciate it
if you could let me know if he has contacted you or if there are other
avenues that I should send out this announcement.

Kindly,
Kelley Rambo
PO Box 41
Freedom, ME 04941