[Jacob-list] Re: Stillbirth

MarmontJacobs at aol.com MarmontJacobs at aol.com
Sat Mar 15 10:18:42 EST 2003

> >Ewes that can't count to two shouldn't be the norm.  They are trouble.
> >They cost money.  I cull them unless there is a VERY strong and
> >overriding rationale to keep the genetics.

As this is only where a first timer is so wrapped up in licking off lamb one
and seems unaware of birth two for longer than I'm happy with, I see no logic
in this argument at all.  And cost...the only cost would be the loss of a
healthy ewe. As it happens, this ewe fed five further lambs in two years with
no problems at all for us.

Trisha M-S, Marmont Jacobs, Wales