[Jacob-list] sheep and chicken feed

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Wed Jun 25 14:52:42 EDT 2003

Hi,
My sheep have (when I had them) eaten lots of chicken feed.  They're very
good at cleaning up any bowl left unguarded. HOWEVER, I think it probably
depends on what chicken feed you use.  We generally try to buy
non-medicated feed for our chickens.  It is usually the layer mix, though,
as we try to get the crumble variety, less waste and easier for the
bantams to eat, I find, anyway.  I've not had any trouble with the sheep
eating it, except that I have to feed my chickens again and keep the sheep
out of the chicken coop.

Kelley