[Jacob-list] Re: Deliberate Cryptorchidism

MarmontJacobs at aol.com MarmontJacobs at aol.com
Thu Jan 23 17:54:59 EST 2003

I found Kelly's mail very interesting. But the most interesting bit to me was
about the growth rates. Our wethered pure Jacobs go off to the butcher by the
Autumn at good weights off grass whilst the "also rams" - entires that looked
as if they had potential at 7 days (max banding age in UK and I don't like to
burdizzo) are so much slower to mature...seem to put much energy into horn
growing. I suspect that the deliberate crypts would be somewhere in between.

Trisha, Montgomeryshire