[Jacob-list] Voluntary Scrapie Program

RnS1260 at aol.com RnS1260 at aol.com
Thu Jan 16 09:03:56 EST 2003

Could someone enlighten me on the Scrapie Program. As per my conversation
with the vet from the Voluntary Scrapie program, a vet from the state will
visit our farm once a year. He says, this is the only way to be certified
Scrapie free. Also that in the not to distant future, we will need this
certification to be able to transport any animal out of state. What is the
other path that can be taken?
Every time I think I'm getting a grasp on all of this, I'm reminded that I
don't have a clue. I would appreciate any input.
Thanks,
Cheryl
Rise "N" Shine Farm