[Jacob-list] Re: itchy skin

MarmontJacobs at aol.com MarmontJacobs at aol.com
Sat Jan 11 15:33:56 EST 2003

Is she actually rubbing against posts etc more than just a little? The
company that cures my lambskins won't take skins after December due to
partial shedding/staple weakness in some sheep. Certainly once the lambs
start jumping on their dams' backs (hopefully next week) all sorts of chunks
fall out and I've always had one or two who peel away wool from around their
necks mainly in winter.

Do sheep actually get "dry skin" - I would have thought that self-produced
lanolin would have done the job just fine!

Trisha M-S
Marmont Jacobs, Montgomeryshire