[Jacob-list] itchy skin

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 11 09:55:46 EST 2003

Hi! Is Lillie a first-time mom? I had a ewe last year
who was a first-time mom-to-be. When she reached the
part of the pregnancy when she could REALLY feel the
lamb moving, she started to rub on my gate. She had
"shedding places" from the rubbing.  After a week or
so, she adjusted to the lamb's movement (or lamb grew
larger, so she couldn't move as much) and Mama Ewe
didn't rub as much.

I, too, agree with Mary Ellen. As long as she gets
exercise, I don't think a bit of oil would harm her.

Keep us posted!
Joy

=====
Joy Thomas, Shepherd & Fiber Artist
Son-Rise Farm, Creedmoor NC
Home of The Fleece Flock
Border Leicester, Jacob & Shetland Sheep
French Angora Rabbits
Website:   www.shepherdofspots.com
E-Mail:    joy at shepherdofspots.com