[Jacob-list] Inbreeding--linebreeding--whatever you call it

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Thu Jan 2 06:53:15 EST 2003

Melanie,

I had to really laugh at your post.  I have a ram lamb that I really love that I have absolutely no use for.  I've been standing at the window telling myself that maybe one extra ram wouldn't be so bad.  It's probably time for me to slap myself upside the head HARD!

Linda

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 06:53:34 -0500, Chovhani wrote:
>I understand the looking out the window thing. Last year we had 5
>ram lambs.
>They all ought to be in the freezer by now, but since there's been no
>fighting, I haven't rushed. Every time I see them I can't bear to
>part with
>them, they're all gorgeous. Unfortunately there are so few Jacob's
>breeders
>near me that selling them as breeding rams is unlikely. I keep
>thinking I
>could wether them and keep them....then I slap myself HARD!!!
>Melanie

Visit our Jacob flock at:
http://www.PatchworkFibers.com
Registered Jacob Sheep