[Jacob-list] Killer Ram

Connie Hackenburg locohack at sunlink.net
Wed Feb 26 20:26:35 EST 2003

To add to this story from my end. We have owned and managed this ram in the same fashion for the past 4 years with no problems. We have no other rams on the place other than the lambs that were just born within the past 6 weeks. Everyone has lambed except the first ewe he beat up and another old girl that's falling behind at lambing this year.
Also, I haven't found any enclosure strong enough to hold a ram that really doesn't want to be penned up. Today after we caught him we masked him thinking he wouldn't be able to bother beating the pen apart and it was amazing to watch as he felt his way to a wall and just started beating on it.
Connie