[Jacob-list] Starting off

rlynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Thu Feb 20 12:45:58 EST 2003

   > My guess is that this (Malignant Catarral Fever) is most certainly not common. >

I agree that it is exhibited rarely in cattle (although the vets at WSU with whom I spoke say that most sheep carry it). In fact, our vet said not to change mgt. practices based on this experience. And most people will never have any problem. But, personally, I don't want to see this happen again, so my 2 steers (5 year old wanna-be oxen--magnificent, by the way) live separately from the sheep, as do any calves that my kids raise.
Robin