[Jacob-list] More questions

TGI: Alex Jimenez alexj at tesseractiongames.com
Wed Feb 19 22:03:11 EST 2003

Wow, I want to thank everyone for all the answers and information I got from my last set of questions! If this is a sample of the kind of help that's available out there, I don't think we'll have any trouble with our sheep. Thanks again. However, as I sift through the info I got there arose a slight contradiction. I had hoped to breed my Jacobs this spring but some of the info I got said that Jacob ewes only come into season in the fall, is this true? The sheep I have are all registered (two of them are champion winners) purebred Jacobs. I was hoping to have lambs this year (my wife hasn't exactly warmed up to these guys, I figured a little lamb would be just the thing to make her a devoted Jacob lover).Could anyone clear this up for me. If I have to wait until next spring for my ewes to produce, would it be safe to buy another lamb (assuming that I can find one) and introduce it to the flock or is it best to wait? Thanks for the help folks, I really appreciate it.

Alex J