[Jacob-list] FYI

ACAMDA at aol.com ACAMDA at aol.com
Tue Feb 4 10:20:13 EST 2003

It's been so quiet on the list I thought I'd pass this along. (Hope I haven't
been dropped from the list!)

I also belong to a LISTSERV for Belted Galloway cattle, as they are listed by
the ALBC as rare.  We only have one cow, but the info can be interesting,
particularly concerning grass-fed animals.  I don't pay much attention to the
marketing part, but thought the idea of listing on e-bay was novel.  So I
pass this along just as something to chew on.  Those with Jacob sheep to
spare might want to take a look.

Kathey Williamson
Athens, GA

#1  Ebay doesn't allow animals to be sold. Seems the AR nuts pressured them
and got them to stop some time ago. This is why I started a similar website
with focus on selling animals. I am happy to say it is only a month old and
we have had over 7700 hits. The more people you tell about it the better the
site will do which means the more stuff will sell. It is free to list stuff
and pictures are free too. And you have the choice of listing your item as a
classified or as an auction. So, try and support the site!!!
 Diane NC
 Buy and sell critters n things online for FREE
 <A HREF="http://www.dogcrazykennels.com/cgi-bin/auction/main.pl">http://www.dogcrazykennels.com/cgi-bin/auction/main.pl</A>

#2  As was mentioned, I don't think they allow live animal sales on e-bay.
However, I have seen stud services for horses on e-bay.  I think the breeders
were using it primarily to get people interested in their horses and farms.
So, if someone wanted to sell frozen semen, they might be able to get it
listed on e-bay and then have pictures of the bull and his calves.   It could
be a good way to get some publicity.   The e-bay ads for stud service usually
have a link to the farm, but I would think a link to the Belted Galloway
website would also be good.
Mary Sapp