[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Susan J Martin stonecroft235 at juno.com
Wed Dec 31 10:30:25 EST 2003

Yes, we have learned that the old story about the "fox in the henhouse"
really is true......or at least it would appear that way.  As I mentioned
before, the foxes around here are becoming quite bold........and a day or
two after I spent an afternoon watching the foxes out in the field I
found disaster in the goat meadow where our hens lived......all that
remained of our little Henny Pennies were piles of feathers!!  I can't
prove the dastardly deed was done by the foxes, as we do have lots of
raccoons and other chicken-loving predators, but the foxes are probably
at the top of the list!!!   Despite their evil deeds, I must admit that
these foxes are absolutely beautiful with black legs, thick, red fur and
long, bushy tails ~ too bad they like to vary their rabbit and field
mouse diet with some poultry!!!  And if they choose to terrorize my
Spring lambs I'm sure my opinion of their beauty will be greatly
modified!!!!

Sue Martin