[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Mary Ellen Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Sat Aug 9 12:35:39 EDT 2003

Sue and all,

The advice I was given before I started putting my first web page up has
probably been more valuable to me than any other-----LEARN HTML and
learn how to do it yourself.  I started small, switched providers around
a number of times until I got smarter.

Having a domain name that was recognizable and simple to find helps.
Again and again, my site is one of the first ones that comes up on
search engines because I use some little tricks and have been around a
few years.

Many of the "free webhosting" locations are not crawled by the search
engines, and that will limit you.

The web hosting service I use allows me to sell as much or as little as
I want for the same basic flat rate.  I even have a few sites that I
have built for a few other people under my basic location.  Those other
sites more than pay for my fee each month for the basic service.  There
are creative ways to make your site pay for itself and look and
think.....You will do great.

Mary Ellen Hansson
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Jacob Sheep, Fiber, Spinning equipment,
Books, Patterns, Knitting/Crochet/Tatting