[Jacob-list] Anaphylaxis after Tetanus innoculation

gordon johnston gordon at westergladstone.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Apr 27 08:18:39 EDT 2003

Susan, if the lamb had a genuine anaphylactic reaction then of course he
will have one again to the same shot. I'm not sure what the CD&T is, as we
use different things over here in GB, but the principle is what counts.
Also, if he has reacted to one thing then, as with humans, there is a good
chance he will react to another.  I wouldn't risk it before consulting the
vet, although the reaction you saw could have had another cause.
What good fortune that you keep epinephrine (which we call adrenaline) - I
would not have had that.
Juliet in Scotland