[Jacob-list] Overeating?

Linda Bjarkman patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Fri Apr 25 16:54:40 EDT 2003

I don't think that bloat and overeating disease are the same.   I honestly don't
know much about overeating disease, but when a friend lost a goat to what the vet
said "may" have been overeating disease, the symptoms pretty much consisted of being
dead.  The goat had been vaccinated with a vaccine that was way out of date.  I see
by checking some literature that there may be a number of symptoms, but nothing that
looked like bloat.  I have seen bloat in my sheep - twice, I think, and it's pretty
obvious.

I am all for moving towards a more natural, less hands-on method of livestock
management!  My ewe that came from a flock that didn't worm is among my hardiest
sheep and has only been wormed once since arriving here last fall.  I doubt she
needed it, I just felt I should do it.

Linda