[Jacob-list] Re: NEED HELP W/LAMB

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Fri Apr 11 13:18:58 EDT 2003

Peggy,
If his mouth is cold, that's not a good sign.  This email is probably too
late, but hopefully not.  The situation is such that you will probably not
give him enough before you give him too much.  If he gets too much, you'll
see it in his poop (whitish, light yellow), then you'll know to give him
less.  It's important to keep his temp up -- I've heard of putting lambs
in boxes with blankets and a heat lamp on them, boxes with blankets
between a woodstove and the wall (nice warm place) or putting a heating
pad in the box and putting a towel or something on it so the lamb is not
right on the pad, with blankets around them, etc.  I've also seen one
person with a clever use for the bags from wine boxes (empty) as she
filled them with warm water for hot water bottles.  She also got the old
milk or ice cream mix bags from McDonalds for the same reason.

It's always hard losing lambs.  Let us know how it goes.
Kelley