[Jacob-list] Dead Ewe

Debbie Cooper suprcuprtoo at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 20:14:57 EDT 2003

Hi All,

We lost one of our best ewes yesterday (we believe it
was bloat).  It was so sad.  She left behind two 47
day old ram lambs.  These guys weigh 21, and 26 lbs.

We have two other ewes that we've been milking
regularly, so milk supply is not a problem.  One of
the little guys is taking to a bottle easily, and I
believe the other will follow suit soon.

Can anyone tell me how much these tykes should be
getting, and how often?  And, also, at what age can we
stop bottle feeding?  They both nibble at the hay, and
at the grass in the pature.

We've gotten some information from local sheep people,
but they don't have Jacobs, and I was curious for more
breed specific info.

Thanks,

Debbie Cooper
suprcuprtoo at yahoo.com