[Jacob-list] new member

marguerite e vanbeek pegaleg2 at juno.com
Mon Apr 7 15:12:38 EDT 2003

This is my point of view regarding registration of sheep and two
registries.

1.  As a new sheep owner I rely on having sheep registered  for my info
to make sure they are purebred. I would have no
idea if they were or were not.   I am not experienced in knowing one that
is full or part bred.

2.  Without a registry we would also lack the wealth of information from
other breeders and the association on their help
    with the raising and owning a Jacob sheep.  You know they are unique.
 The monies generated from membership and
   registration keeps this knowledge going with newsletters, etc.   And
they do need funding so what little they ask is nothing
   compared to the actual work that is put into running each association.

3.  Most important of all is I have met some wonderful people that
associate themselves with the Jacob breed. It has been
    a pleasure. And my family looks forward in showing and promoting the
Jacob bred which cannot be done if they are not
   registered.  I hope to see you at the Maryland Sheep Show this May.

4.  I like the challenge to get a sheep registered in both registry and
each work for one goal to persevere the Jacob Sheep.

Peggy
NJ