[Jacob-list] Re: New jacob owner

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Mon Apr 7 13:45:37 EDT 2003

Hi, Mark,

I'm sorry that you see the registries as beauty contests.  That is not my
impression at all.  Those superficial attributes which count are often
indicators of purebred or crossbred.  That is important to me.  And having
the wisdom of those who've been doing this longer than me is also important.
I don't see them as authority, but as assistance to me as I learn more about
the breed.  I have no time to reinvent wheels.  I don't think that everyone
needs to register their sheep, and I don't criticize those who choose not to
or belittle them.  I would appreciate the same respect for those who choose
to register.  There's room in this world for both philosophies, both of
which have merit.  I don't think this list is an appropriate venue for
causing dissent and rancor, nor for putting down people who choose a
different way.  Respect for others is important.  Stating your choice and
the reasons why is one thing.  I'm sorry if I offend you, but I think you
are being derogatory and disrespectful to other human beings.

Thom--I would have thought better of you!
Betty in Vt.