[Jacob-list] tail - need advice

Cathy Robinson perfectspot at blueridge.net
Sun Apr 6 12:26:51 EDT 2003

Linda--

I have seen the same thing here, and we usually band on the 2nd or 3rd
day also.    There is one lamb that will be three weeks old tomorrow and
he has not dropped his tail yet either.  They are taking close to three
weeks, but I am not sure why that is.

Last year, it was taking even longer so I ordered new rings since the
ones I had been using were a couple years old and had been stored in the
shed with other supplies.  I thought perhaps the temperature extremes
throughout the year had compromised the composition of the rings. Seems
like a few of those last year went almost 4 weeks and I was getting
concerned although they all did eventually drop off.

When the rings were brand new, it seems like they were working better
than now (more like a two week timeframe then), although for the last
year this "new" package has been kept in the house.

I don't have any real answers but see similar scenario here.

Cathy
Perfect Spot Farm