[Jacob-list] tail - need advice

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Apr 6 09:05:26 EDT 2003

I've been banding tails on my sheep for over ten years and have never had this
problem - a tail that didn't fall off.

I band the lambs at one or two days old.  At that age, they never even twitch and
the tail falls off within two weeks.

This lamb is now three weeks old and her tail is still firmly attached, but smaller
than the tail above the band.  It is definitely still alive below the band (and
quite ugly!)

I'm thinking of banding just above the original band.

I would appreciate any suggestions as I've never seen this before.  Another attack
of Murphy's Law here, as wouldn't you know - this is my favorite lamb!

Linda
Visit our Jacob flock at:
http://www.PatchworkFibers.com
Registered Jacob Sheep