[Jacob-list] update on Twigg group

Melody critterland at bendcable.com
Sun Apr 6 10:34:32 EDT 2003

Is the greying of Lilacs quite common?  I have a lilac ewe who, by 18 mo. , had lost almost all of her body markings and now at 2 years even her cape seems to be fading fast.  Very disapppointng since her original color was quite beautiful and I was looking forward to having that to spin.   I had thought it was perhaps from her dam, (not a lilac) who had faded out to white by the age of 5.  If Madame (the dam) didn't have such great wool, I would have culled her a couple years ago, but her wool is wonderful to spin. I have not kept any other of Madame's babies, so don't know how they held color.
Melody at CritterLand
Redmond OR